Fedex lost my passport for a trip that is already paid for,

Customer Question
Fedex lost my passport...

Fedex lost my passport for a trip that is already paid for

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Illinois

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Nothing with the authorities, but fedex is investigating the lost package it is too late for the trip, and i can not get a refund anymore

Lawyer's Assistant: Has a refund request been made in writing?

They will only refund the lost package,but because they lost the passport i am out over 10 thousand dollars and a lot of stress andtime

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
7/31/2017
Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer,

Thank you for posting your legal question today.

It is possible to apply at a passport agency in Chicago for a passport for travel within two weeks.

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/information/where-to-apply/agencies/Chicago.html

This can be a replacement passport.

In relation to Fedex's liability they can be held liable under the conditions of carriage.

Because your claim is for $10,000 your best remedy is to issue a demand to FEDEX for your loss and follow up in the small claims court.

You can sue in the small claims up to 10k and will get a case number ***** hearing date on the day you file.

If you have a copy of the contract with fedex , this can be reviewed by myself as an extra service.

Just let me know.

We are here to help.

In return, remember to rate positively before exiting.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

So I hope you rate FIVE STARS today

Thanks

Attorney Bill