Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My significant other of 17 years, is about to be sentenced…

Customer Question
Pearl my significant other...

Pearl my significant other of 17 years, is about to be sentenced for manufacturing and distribution of child pornography. We believe his computer was hacked. He is an md he is African American, he just completed his MPH. This has been a three year nightmare. We live in New Mexico.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

New Mexico.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes , the Attorney General is involved. I have 143 pages of court documents, he has had a public defender... he was not given copies, I purchased them. They have scared him into plea bargain... he is currently being evaluated and is in a nearby prison. He was arrested after last court hearing on 6/15/17... I am not allowed to visit him because we are not married.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That there are many very cloudy things involved in this case, I am frightened for him. He had been taking a class while pursing his MPH related to child pornography as a major public health issue.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
7/31/2017
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 6 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. I am sorry to hear about this. Can you please share with me what your question is?

Tina, Lawyer