My question is about house rent that I left before The lease…

Customer Question
My question is about...

My question is about house rent that I left before The lease was over due to moving out of state job.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Nc

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I paid for 4 months. And they also wanted mo to pay about 700 extra. Now I am at the end of my lease. Should I pay all they ask or give them part of it and use the rest from deposit

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/31/2017
Lawyer: WALLSTREETFIGHTER, Attorney replied 11 months ago
WALLSTREETFIGHTER

Legally the last month rent is supposed to be paid, and the security deposit is to be used for any damages that may have been incurred after you leave.

If you paid security and want to live out the security deposit, this is common, just make sure the apartment is in good condition, and your landlord should be given a letter stating that you will not be paying rent for the month and will live out your security.

Please provide us with positive feedback, so we can receive payment for the answers.

The $700 was not part of rent. It was for cleaning and other stuff they claim for. So now today's rent includes this $700. So is it legal to pay just $700 and tell them to use the deposit for the rent?

Yes, you can do this, as you should consider the extra $700 as extra.

They should not be charging you with $700 cleaning fee in addition to rent for that month,