How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 28362
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

WHO PAYS FOR THE PARTITION FEES? Not yet to my knowledge but

Customer Question

JA: Has any paperwork been drafted or filed?
Customer: Not yet to my knowledge but we did receive an attorneys letter stating we must respond with our one and only non negotiable offer for said property within 15 days or they will proceed to tile the requisite Partition Action.
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: PA
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That we are willing to negotiate with the other parties involved but are still waiting for paperwork from our professional appraiser so that we have necessary information to make an offer on buying said property,
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 2 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 2 months ago.

The filing of the action, would be paid by the moving party. As such, if another owner is trying to get the Judge to partition the property, they would have to incur the legal costs. Now, there is nothing unreasonable about asking for more time to perform your due diligence before making an offer and it would be foolish for them to simply refuse to allow this, if they want to settle this and are acting in good faith. If you need more time, tell them how much more and you can share you will have a proposed offer by _____ date.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Do I need to do this legally through our lawyer or can I just respond in letter form myself?
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 2 months ago.

It is at your discretion. If you know the amount which you want to be bought out, you can certainly respond and do it on your own. If you can agree on a buy out price, their attorney would likely draft the agreement. It could be at that time, that you retain an attorney to review the language, just to make sure you are protected.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I meant I was thinking of drafting up my own letter, (verses an attorneys) asking for a time to gather our information and then set up a meeting with lawyers to negotiate a buy out price.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 2 months ago.

Yes, that is fine. There is nothing wrong with handling this on your own, if you are comfortable and saving the legal fees.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thank you very much!
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 2 months ago.

You are welcome. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. A 5 STAR rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I do have an additional question. Can you tell me the difference between an an administrator or executor or an estate verses a power of attorney. Thank you in advance
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 2 months ago.

Great to hear back from you. Since this is outside the scope of the original question, the site does require it to be posted as a new question and myself or another expert would be happy to answer it. I thank you for understanding and just ask that you rate my help at the top, so the site provides me with he credit for the help I provided above, earlier today.