Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I have a team of employees that said they were being

I have a team of employees that said they were being harassed by a doctor in regards ***** ***** things he said to them. I called his boss and the boss said to give me a list of the issues. So my team made a list and I sent that over. Well they told the doctor and now he is making me show up in front of a panel of people there. Am I at any risk of being sued by him?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
No, you were the messenger for your team of employees. You cannot be sued for anything for passing on information from your team of employees. Legally, you have a right to file complaints about co-workers or doctor's conduct in the work place to your employer. You submitted this based on complaints from your team, not your personal complaints, and you are not liable for any civil action for bringing the complaints of your co-workers to his boss.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** did come from staff. In a summary a past event with the doctor that happend years ago I said he did something when infact someone else did it. This was told to me after sending the issues, and in all honesty I thought it was true what I sent at the time till I was corrected. I sent an email clarifying my mistake with this one item and apologized a few days later. It was an honest mistake on my part so I had to fix it. Can he hold this against me even though I corrected my statement after being corrected my self on the event.
Thank you for your rep.
He has NOTHING to hold against you. You said the issue happened years ago and it is way too late for him to take any action against you over that old statement. This has nothing to do with the old statement it has to do with the new issues and do not allow him to try to deflect and change the subject and these complaints came from your employees and not you.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Well I added to incorrect statement to the recent email but corrected it a few days later. It happened years ago so I had the details wrong. Is that still the same case or different now?

Thank you for your reply.

A mistake and you correcting it is not grounds to sue you for defamation, which would be the only claim you could think he would be filing. Also, the happening years ago, there is a ONE YEAR statute of limitations for him to file a claim against you on something that happened. So again, you are worried, but there is no legal cause of action he could have against you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks I appreciate it.

Thank you.