Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

A lawn care company sprayed chemicals on our lawn by mistake

Customer Question

A lawn care company sprayed chemicals on our lawn by mistake while we were on vacation. We have lived here 10 years and do not use chemicals at all. The instructions left on my doorstep indicate that my yard will lilely turn brown and need to be reseeded. I also have learned that to get rid of the chemicals, 4 inches of topsoil would need to be removed and replaced. I plan to call the company tomorrow tp
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: To see what they are willing to fix, but if they give me grief, I want to be prepared for the next step. I am in Kentucky.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No, we got home about 8pm Sunday evening, and the company was closed.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not off the top of my head. I'm angry!! And now my children cannot play in the yard, and we can't eat anything from our gardens. One of the chemicals has a 500+ day halflife in the soil..... grrr.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 2 months ago.

I'm so sorry to hear that. They have the legal responsibility to fix this and make it right. If they do not I think you would file to recover your cost of addressing it in small claims court.