If a cri has a criminal background and is a convicted feleon…

Customer Question
If a cri has...

If a cri has a criminal background and is a convicted feleon can the da use him in court against me? The charge is possession with intent to didtribute.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Louisiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Well motion to discover was filed but it only two pieces of paper. But the pics only show me and the cri is not in it or is he in the paper work

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I got trial tomorrow. I ask my lawyer for a hear palimanary heaeing or whatever it's called but he said it was too late. I asked this a week ago

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Legal
7/31/2017
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 9 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Yes. It's perfectly okay for the state to use an informant with a criminal record and have him testify against you. Your lawyer would be able to cross examine him and bring out his criminal record and any deal he made with the prosecutor in exchange for his testimony against you. In that way, your lawyer can try to get the jury to see that the informant has a motive to lie about you.

Most informants have criminal histories. Police try to recruit them when they are first arrested by giving them a promise of a better deal.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney