What is a Quick Claim Deed & is it a legal document? No,

Customer Question
What is a Quick...

What is a Quick Claim Deed & is it a legal document?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been drafted or filed?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Hanover, WV 24839

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Will a bank loan money on this deed?

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/31/2017
Lawyer: Rachael Fuller,
 replied 1 year ago
Rachael Fuller

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who specializes in real estate and family law. The information that will be provided is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. Please give me a moment while I review your question.

Lawyer: Rachael Fuller,
 replied 1 year ago

A quit claim or sometimes referred as a quick claim deed will transfer rights from the grantor to the grantee. The issue with this type of real estate conveyance is that there is no warranty as to the title of the property.

Lawyer: Rachael Fuller,
 replied 1 year ago

This type of deed is often used to transfer property from one relative to another. For instance during a divorce, a spouse may quit claim the property to the other spouse.

Banks will and often do loan money on properties conveyed with a quit claim deed.

Lawyer: Rachael Fuller,
 replied 1 year ago

If you are the person buying the property, you should make sure that the title is good and that a title search has been performed because the person selling the property is not making any guarantees that the title is good.

Lawyer: Rachael Fuller,
 replied 1 year ago

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE STARS!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. If I have done this, please rate me with five stars and click FINISH. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. It does not cost anything extra to rate. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow any up questions, please reply with SEND before or after rating and we can chat until you are satisfied. I am here to help!

Lawyer: Rachael Fuller,
 replied 1 year ago

Hello are you still there?

Lawyer: Rachael Fuller,
 replied 1 year ago

Please let me know if you have any other questions.