RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

I recently financed a vehicle from user car dealership last

Customer Question

I recently financed a vehicle from user car dealership last Friday 7/28 ; is now like to return it. Is that possible?
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: Nj and it's an 09 Lexus gs350
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Anything like what ?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Oh sry and no the car is fine nothing happens since I've had it
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Good evening,

Regrettably, there is no 3 day cooling off period or right to rescission on a vehicle purchase (in any state that I am aware of). The so called "cooling off" rule applies to a limited number of transactions, such as door to door sales.

So, you would have to look through the contract you signed with the dealership. Some dealerships do include a test period where you can return the vehicle no questions asked. If that is not an option, then you would have to try to work something out with the dealership (perhaps for example, returning it for another car). The dealership isn't under any legal obligation to take back the car, however.

If you need additional information or clarification, please don't hesitate to reply. If I have fully answered your question, please be so kind as to click on the stars to leave me a positive rating, as that is the only way experts like myself are credited by the site. Thank you!