Second opinion] I'm divorcing my husband of 28 years,All…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I'm divorcing...

Second opinion] I'm divorcing my husband of 28 years,All annuities,he says are left to me ,I don't think so,there is about 500,000 in assestsI'm on my own now and want 200,000 in cash assets and layers fees paid,is that a realistic

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the divorce case ongoing? What is the next step in the case?

No,He has no idea I'm moving forward at this time,we've been separated for som time

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
7/31/2017
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 year ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Based on the information that you have provided here, your request for $200,000.00 in cash may not be realistic if your husband does not have a way to quickly liquidate the marital assets and give you the cash and also pay for your Attorney's fees. You would to make discovery requests as to marital assets to know exactly about the value of the marital assets and then determine whether it is reasonable for you to make a demand for the $200.000.00 cash and payment of your Attorney's fees.

Best wishes,