If someone is open a bank account DBA under my name without…

Customer Question
If someone is open a...
If someone is open a bank account DBA under my name without informing me or have any signed contract for them to do so. Would that considered fraud?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
7/30/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Additionally, Most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

The answer to your question is yes. Generally, fraud happens when a party intends to deceive another party and causes a detriment to the party that they have defrauded. For example, they could have defraud a not only the bank, but also you if they're using your information.You would probably have a cause of action as a civil lawsuit, but they would also be criminal penalties attached. You may have to sue on behalf of your business, but if you suffered any personal damages well, then you could sue under that. As far as the criminal part, you'd have to refer that to your district attorney.

Follow up questions are free, so please feel free to ask away. You can also click here in the future to request me individually. If you don’t have any additional questions, were you satisfied with my service today?

Hello, it’s been awhile since we connected so I wanted to check in with you to see if you had any further questions or if there is anything else I can assist you with today. Please reply here and let me know. Thank you.