Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I just found out that I am 5 days late from completing 16…

Customer Question
I just found out...

I just found out that I am 5 days late from completing 16 hours of community service. I am in lincoln county oregon. It was asigned to me for a traffic crime. I honestly thought I had more time but I manage a very busy business and checked the paperwork this morning.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not that I am aware of. I was planning on going to the district attorneys office in the morning to explain my situation and complete the commun ity service this week.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I dont think so.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
7/30/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

This is the correct thing to do here.Likely they will extend it another 30 days to allow you to complete.Contact them in person and resolve it on Monday.I think you will be fine here, it happens alot.It is hard to get the community service done and likely they will extend you in this situation since you self reported.This is fixable by going by to see them.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Ray, Lawyer