My grand son got into trouble an was charged with 2 counts…

Customer Question
My grand son...

My grand son got into trouble an was charged with 2 counts of rape although nothing happened except touching he cant recall if they asked him for a court apt lawyer and he need one in the state of Ok and county of Garvin where do I go for help

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

Oklahoma

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not as of yet they said maybe tuesday

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My grandson has some mental issues an does not compenhend well on some levels he iis 17 his mom and dad sorry to say are worthless

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
7/30/2017
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

You can call the public defender's office in the county and ask if they have assigned someone to your grandson's case yet. If he asked for one, they will give you the name and the phone extension of the lawyer handling the case. You can talk to him or her and let the lawyer know of your grandson's mental health and comprehension issues.

If they tell you that no lawyer has been assigned, you can ask them the procedure for obtaining a public defender, since that varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. They have to be appointed by a judge, however, so most commonly a defendant lets his judge know on his appearance date that he is without the funds to hire a lawyer and needs a free lawyer to be appointed. The judge takes the matter from there.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.