I have been divorced the entire time that I kept my mother…

Customer Question
Hi. My name is*****...

Hi. My name is***** have been divorced the entire time that I kept my mother for 12 years and at 92 she passed 03/27/17. I payed for rent etc the entire time for both of us . Just mom and I lived. I am Affidavit of collection. I read if we were co-tenants that I might not have to inventory all her personal items. Is that True? we live in North Carolina. I am Retired Nurse.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

North Carolina

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have 3 Siblings. We are only dealing with a car, small value jewelry, and one bank account and one $2,ooo insurance.. I have gotten an appraiser.for household itemd and jewelry.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/30/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 11 months ago
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

Be aware, however, this is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. There is no obligation for you to accept the phone call offer, unless you want. While I am happy to speak to you, if you wish, I am also happy to continue online. So, there is no pressure to spend extra money.

My condolences for your loss.

You do not have to inventory any property you co-owned with your mother.

Additionally, the inventory for personal property need not be too detailed. Just categories is fine, such as "Jewelry" , "Clothing", etc.

Merely being co-tenants would not give you any special status, but you are entitled to most anything you co-owned jointly.

Did you have further questions? I am happy to continue, if you do.

Otherwise, have I answered your question?

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!