If an intake clerk does not record multiple money

Customer Question
If an intake clerk...

If an intake clerk does not record multiple money transactions on the docket in a civil case, is this a violation of any California laws

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

civil action in California in tort

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

$1300 in allowable court costs and process server fees were not entered on the docket . the clerk is rejecting a request for entry of default because the request amounts (same fees and costs) do not match the record.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/29/2017
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 9 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

No, this is not a violation of any law. However, you could speak with a supervisor for correction of the error and the entry of the default Judgment. Otherwise, you can file Motion with the Court to correct the clerical error and for the Default Judgment.

Best wishes,

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law