My wife passed away this Tuesday and left me hanging the…

Customer Question
My wife passed away...

My wife passed away this Tuesday and left me hanging my name is ***** ***** title of the house but not on the loan what do I do

Lawyer's Assistant: Is this a fixed-rate or adjustable-rate mortgage?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes I've been paying on this phone myself for over 5 years

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
7/29/2017
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 10 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. I am sorry to hear about her passing and I know this is a tough time. The lender/bank can not just take your home away as a result of her passing and you can continue to pay on the loan. You do want to review the mortgage and the note and see if / what you are required to do, regarding this and if you need to inform them of this and assume the loan, if possible and/or place it in your name. The obligation to pay would still remain and you are the owner, since you are on title. The bank wants their money, so as long as the mortgage is paid when due, it should not be an issue.

Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 9 months ago

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Tina, Lawyer