Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I am considering starting a business with this company or…

Customer Question
I am considering starting...

I am considering starting a business with this company or franchise. They sent me a Non disclosure agreement . Do I have to be cautious in signing this ? I read over it but seem to be okay

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No i don't think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
7/29/2017
Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 7 months ago
Roy Hadavi
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to provide assistance. Without reviewing the NDA it is difficult to give an unequivocal answer. However, generally NDAs are a standard part of this process. The franchisor wants to protect their information and proprietary details. An attorney should be able to provide a flat fee (very nominal fee) to simply review the NDA and let you know if there is anything of concern.
If you would like, I am a licensed California attorney, we can schedule a premium service call when you can read the NDA to me and I can let you know if there is anything troublesome.
Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions or need anything clarified.
Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 6 months ago

Hi. Did you have any follow-up questions or need me to clarify anything? If not, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi