Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

What Can I Do If My Ex Avoids Being Served?

Customer Question

Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

What state are you in here so I may help you,thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I got temporary hearing in august 16. mh wife avoid to get server and I got enough evidence to prove that she leaves with her parents so what can I do
Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

I need to know what state you are in here, you can motion the court for alternate service.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
texas
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
She also put me on child support by using same address and give to my lawyer
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
She tried to dismiss my case by you by using motion to dismiss a case and the judge found out so they have to reopen my case again because she went out of state with my kids
Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

You file motion for alternate service , you can serve her certified mail here to get this heard if the court approves and signs orders here.This is your next step.

Forms and step by step

http://www.legalformpro.com/v/vspfiles/Preview_PDF/Civil_CIVLIT/CIVLIT_CP_600.pdf

Sorry she did this to you here, try alternate service motion to get her served.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks for rating 5 stars.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
my main question is this can i still go to court without her server since she tried to dismiss my case and judge knows about that and i got enough evidence to show to judge
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My temporary hearing court is August 16th so can I still go to the court
Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

No the case here will not be heard until you effect service. Due process here requires notice, file the motion for alternate service and stay after her.You may also consider a private process server where she is located they are good at finding folks.

Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

ttps://www.serve-now.com/process-server/texas

Thanks again and I wish you the best.Thanks for rating 5 stars.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
my laywer is the one who citation or assuance for my case. my lawyer gave to me copy of the stuff she going to receive it so can I still hire my process server in my own or without tell my laywyer or i have to let my lawyer no about it
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
what if i decide to ask my lawyer if i want to have process server in my own do you think he let me do that
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i want to use my own money do you think he can do that
Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

You can have lawyer here use private process server and if need be alternate service motion next.I would not do th is around the lawyer, it is their job to get her served.Thanks for the follow up.