If I retain a lawyer now for a pending animal neglect case…

Customer Question
If I retain...

If I retain a lawyer now for a pending animal neglect case will it be possible to have a second opinion made by another vegetarian right away?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

Gloucester Virginia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

They are in the processes of working up the charges and setting up a court date.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I do not think my animal was or is sick. So i would like a second opinion is there a way to do this.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
7/29/2017
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 11 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

It will certainly be possible, and even likely, to have a court order that your expert be allowed to examine the animal but the issue as to when it can be done is hard to answer. Technically, until charges are filed, there is no cause number or case in which your attorney could file a request. However, many times the attorney can simply call the prosecutor and they will agree to allowing the examination, or, failing that, your attorney could file a civil suit solely for the purpose of "preserving evidence" and have the court issue an order that way. The second method would be a little more expensive and complicated so the lawyer would likely try getting the prosecutor to agree first.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a 5 Star Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions in this thread. I want to be sure all of your questions are answered.