I have a release form that the insurance wants me to sign I…

Customer Question
I have a release...

I have a release form that the insurance wants me to sign I need a lawyer to review it

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

NJ

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes this is the condo insurance paying me for a claim I filed for water damage

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

So the insurance wants me to sign this release form before I receive payment but I don't understand the form and I feel it is to 'global' ]and waives my rights

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
7/28/2017
Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney replied 8 months ago
LawTalk, Attorney

Good evening Annette,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a licensed attorney for more than 3 decades, and I have processed several thousand insurance releases in that time.

Document review is not included in the question expense. I can offer you the premium service of a review and a call to discuss the document with you if you would like.

Is this something that you would be interested in?

Doug

Tina, Lawyer