I will soon be denied payment of a prescription drug by

Customer Question
I will soon be...

I will soon be denied payment of a prescription drug by workers comp; will I be able to use my Medicare part D for payment-minus my copayment of course-?

Lawyer's Assistant: What confuses you?

Is it legal to bill Medicare part D for a prescription drug after workers comp denied payment?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

CA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Only workers comp denial of payment

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
7/28/2017
Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney replied 8 months ago
LawTalk, Attorney

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am a CA licensed attorney.

So long as the medication you are taking is in the Medicate approved formulary, ( https://www.healthcare.gov/glossary/formulary/ ) if your primary insurance (workers' compensation) will not cover the cost of the medicine, Medicare Party D will----presuming that the prescription is reasonable and necessary for the treatment of your condition.

You may reply to me again if you have additional questions, and I will be happy to continue to assist you.

I am not an employee of this site and I am only paid for helping you when you rate my service to you. Please remember to rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars on your screen (preferably 5-Stars) so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours well in 2017,

Doug

Good afternoon,

Is there anything else I can assist you with today? It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars so that I can be compensated for assisting you? Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you.

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service. It is greatly appreciated.

I wish you the best in 2017,

Doug

LawTalk, Attorney