Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi,
Experience:  Attorney at Law Offices of Rosenstein & Associates
99622407

Bought a brokered boat from a dealer said boat was nice but

Customer Question

Bought a brokered boat from a dealer said boat was nice but didn't know a lot about it. Bought the boat 5 days later started having starting issues lower unit leaking oil. Ended up motor had 2 cracked heads and 2 blown head gaskets. Lower unit seals were out along with bearings. Gonna cost $8000 to fix it. I live in Illinois but bought it in Missouri. Do I have a case !!!
JA: How old is the boat? When was it purchased?
Customer: 2004. 362 hours May 19th Twin engine 290searay.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just want to know if I have a case or not Yes or no ??
Expert:  Roy Hadavi replied 2 months ago.

Hi Rodney. My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to provide assistance. I am sure it was very upsetting to find our that the boat you purchased was having problems. Please give me a moment while I formulate my response.

You may have a case. It depends on the nature of the purchase. If there was any statement that the purchase was "as-is"or "with all faults" or "with no warranty", then you do not have a case, because as part of the purchase you would have accepted the boat in the condition it was in and it was your obligation to inspect the boat prior to purchase.

However, if there was no language like that I mention above, or something similar, then the seller was obligated to disclose these issues and at the very least you have a claim for breach of warranty of fitness.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

I hope this helps.

Hi. Did you have any follow-up questions or need me to clarify anything? If not, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!