We want to recover the money, a home repair co. fraudulently…

Customer Question
We want to recover...

We want to recover the money, a home repair co. fraudulently billed us ,what they called extra material and labor, that should have been covered by the original price we agreed upon.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

North Carolina

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The owner of the business was very intimidating in his conduct and took advantage of our age (81 and 78 ) and not being experienced and knowledgeable enough dealing with such people. He did not present any proof for his claim.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
7/28/2017
Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney replied 11 months ago
LawTalk, Attorney

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Under the circumstances that you describe, you will need to file a Breach of Contract suit against the contractor who you are claiming over-billed you.

Small claims court would be the appropriate venue for the lawsuit so long as the money you are fighting about is less than $5,000.

You may reply to me again if you have additional questions, and I will be happy to continue to assist you.

I am not an employee of this site and I am only paid for helping you when you rate my service to you. Please remember to rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars on your screen (preferably 5-Stars) so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours well in 2017,

Doug

Good afternoon,

Is there anything else I can assist you with today? It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars so that I can be compensated for assisting you? Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you.

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service. It is greatly appreciated.

I wish you the best in 2017,

Doug