Connect one-on-one with a verified lawyer who will answer your question

Legal Eagle, Lawyer

More related answers
All lawyers are VERIFIED
I want to take over a restaurant in hermosa beach California
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
I want to take over a restaurant in hermosa beach California that has been in business for over 30 years. I spoke with the health dept. and they said if i add or in the kitchen want to change any cook… read more
CA. 501c question. A 501C board is made up of a husband and
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
CA. 501c question. A 501C board is made up of a husband and wife and then two others a total for 4. Question: Is that legal in that the husband and wife can rule all votes,… read more
I live in a retirement community in solivita florida. ( 5000
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
I live in a retirement community in solivita florida. ( 5000 residents)We have about 75 different clubs here from a new York transit authority club to a red hatters club in which women wear fancy hats… read more
Our Calif non-profit art assoc. is thinking of sub-leasing
Expert, lawyer
Our Calif non-profit art assoc. is thinking of sub-leasing a space in an art center that is on the second floor of a building. I don't think this is a good idea because of the stairs and no elevator. … read more
Can a Florida private country club insist a non equity member
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Can a Florida private country club insist a non equity member pays an assessment made partway through a year which was not agreed to by the non equity member and if we don't pay so can they put a lien… read more
I live in California. My daughter is on a club gymnastics
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
I live in California. My daughter is on a club gymnastics team. The booster club is a separate, parent run, non profit, 501c that exists to raise help raise money for the gymnasts to cover fees and as… read more
i have been having a mud bogg at my home once a mth for 1 &1/2
MShore Law
MShore Law, Doctoral Degree
i have been having a mud bogg at my home once a mth for 1 &1/2 yrs now . we do charge people $10 to come and play all day but that doesn't cover near what it costs me to do this but we do it for the f… read more
I AM A MEMBER OF A LOCAL CLUB. WE HAVE NOT HAD A MEMBER MEETING
Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Juris Doctor
I AM A MEMBER OF A LOCAL CLUB. WE HAVE NOT HAD A MEMBER MEETING IN YEARS OR VOTED FOR A PRESIDENT, VICE PRES.SECT. ETC., FOR YEARS. WHAT CAN I DO TO HAVE MEETINGS, MAYBE EVERY THREE MONTHS OR SO TO RE… read more
Re 1. California Education Code Section 82537-82548
Phillips Esq., Attorney
Re: 1. California Education Code Section 82537-82548 2. community college facilities use, specifically swimming pool use Non profit youth swim team pays fees for use of community college pool. Those f… read more
Why couldnt someone open up a restaurant (Cannabis Cafe/Coffee
Anne
Anne, Attorney
Why couldn't someone open up a restaurant (Cannabis Cafe/Coffee House)that is a head shop on the front end and members only are allowed in the back and must have marijuana prescriptions. This would be… read more
We are a Pennsylvania non-profit private country club. We need
MShore Law
MShore Law, Doctoral Degree
We are a Pennsylvania non-profit private country club. We need to increase revenues and are considering a new form of membership for a token amount of dollars, say $50 annually, and then a "pay as you… read more
What are the laws in IL. for opening up Private membership
socrateaser, lawyer
What are the laws in IL. for opening up "Private membership clubs" I would like to open a place that serves alcohol but doesn't sell it? Example: We would take $20 donations at the door for free open … read more
Non Profit, Volunteer Club, 600 plus members We have in the
GWarren Customer Advocate
GWarren Customer Advocate, Attorney, Consultant and Managing Member
Non Profit, Volunteer Club, 600 plus members We have in the past rented one of two buildings for some additional income, due to more issues with problem children than was reasonable, we stopped the re… read more
I am president of a local garden club in rural Vermont. We
socrateaser, lawyer
I am president of a local garden club in rural Vermont. We raise money for town beautifucation and scholarships for graduating seniors while educating members in floral design while engaging in conser… read more
Im a member of a non profit fishing club in Texas. I requested
GWarren Customer Advocate
I'm a member of a non profit fishing club in Texas. I requested a roster of the membership and was told by the board of directors that that was privlidged info not available to the club members. Sound… read more
Thank you for your time. As President- Elect of a non-profit
Jane Doe Deer
Jane Doe Deer, Attorney
Thank you for your time. As President- Elect of a non-profit organization which purchased a building for a major sum in 2006 , is it legal, if nothing was in the by-laws of the 24 year organization , … read more
We are a Pennsylvania non-profit private country club. We ...
skelly151
skelly151, partner
We are a Pennsylvania non-profit private country club. We need to raise capital to reduce debt. We would like to create a new form of membership for X amount of dollars, this membership would be trans… read more
What are the rules for disposing of Balance of moneys ...
Jane T (LLC)
Jane T (LLC), Master's Degree
What are the rules for disposing of Balance of moneys for a non-profit, Tax free Organization registered in the state of Ohio? Our Square Dance Club is disbanding and we have some money that we want t… read more