Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I sold my timeshare on vrbo and I was there the same week

Customer Question

I sold my timeshare on vrbo and I was there the same week and when my guest checked out he said half the charges on his room were mine and only paid half the bill. The resort then charged him two weeks later for the balance. He threatened me on the phone and wanted me to pay him via credit card immediately. I knew I cleared my bill so I asked the resort for the charges and they were all his but they had to look up the movie he watched etc etc and I spent over 4 hours fighting these very real and valid charges and endured 5 - 6 nasty calls demanding payment.
JA: Have you thoroughly reviewed the timeshare agreement?
Customer: by that you mean - he is responsible for his room...yes I have a good form they sign..
JA: In what state did this occur?
Customer: I live in Ut; he from NY and resort in Florida
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your question for us about this matter?