How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Eagle Your Own Question
Legal Eagle
Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 5152
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Legal Eagle is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Tina, Escorcia I'm working for MDCPS yesterday I received a

Customer Question

Good Morning Tina, my name is***** I'm working for MDCPS yesterday I received a phone call coming from Pt. San Lucy, Florida the guy who called his name is ***** ***** is an Agent he said from United Investigation with ID#32BI saying they have my name and social security in dispute Federal Dispute Law Suit. I asked him what it is in reference he didn't tell me actually nothing he keep saying in rererence a Pay Day Loan that I never pay back? United Cash Loan he gave me a Case No. KLKL7512093. He called twiced yesterday he said they have a file against me, but like I said he didn't give me a lot of details. He wants me to answer today around noon time otherwise he will submit my papers to the Court. Please advise what kind I do with this issue?
JA: PayPal, Debitcard or credit card are all fine. Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: The guy called from Pt. San Lucy, Florida, I'm in Miami
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I was checking in Reverse phone his number which is 1***-***-**** and this number shows like Fraud Spam lower risk
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes I would like to know if I will call him because he is expecting my call ASAP. otherwise he said he will submit my File to the Court. He is talking about check fraud. I really don't know what kind I do. I understand if any Company is going to Sue You they will send some documents by Mail.
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 2 months ago.

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, eligible to practice in front of state and federal court, who is ready to help. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here to see my ratings information) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. This to me sounds like you're completely fraudulent attempt at collecting money from you. What I bet will happen is that they will say that if you pay them money then will not file the lawsuit. DO NOT PAY THEM ANYTHING.

Instead, there are some actions that you can take in relation to the situation.

The first thing that you should do is you should say that under the fair debt collection practices act, it is healed legal for a party to collect a debt that they know that a another party does not owe. You could also say that what they are doing is engaging and extortion. Extortion is where one party threatens criminal or civil action against another in exchange for money. You may want to consider stating that you are currently writing a cease and desist letter. Lawyers use letters like these on the regular basis to enforce their client’s rights. There’s a site that I’ve used in the past where you can find a good template for a demand letter (click here). It only costs $10 and it is way cheaper than litigation.

Follow up questions are free, so please feel free to ask away. You can also click here in the future to request me individually. If you don’t have any additional questions, were you satisfied with my service today?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 2 months ago.

The pleasure is all mine! Further up on the you should see a chance to give me a rating. 5-stars are always appreciated, but it is definitely not required! You can also click here in the future to request me individually. Don’t forget, if you haven’t already, you can always sign up for a membership with Just Answer and start asking more questions on the cheap.