Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

2 years ago on one of our rental jumping castles an adult

Customer Question

2 years ago on one of our rental jumping castles an adult went on it under the influence of alchohol, the rules they renter gets says no adults on the castle, no flips etc, well he took it upon himself to get on jumping and taking flips, he fell and hurt his neck, he tried to sue the friends who rented the castle, they sent out an engineer who took 4 hours and went over the castle with a fine tooth comb, he found the castle to be a hundred percent safe, 2 years has gone by, his first lawyer for what ever reason quit so now he has another lawyer, who sent me a letter saying he is still pursuing some kind of compensation, he addressed the letter to me, however the business is not im my name, he states that I must reply before the first of Aug as the claim runs out by then,
JA: Can you tell me what state this is in? And do you have copies of the medical records?
Customer: no copies I was just told he hurt his neck , our rules say no adults on the products 12 years and under, must be supervised at all times, the renter signs a waiver after these rules are read to them, it also states no climbing on the walls and no flips
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no can I just ignore this
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: general motors set a rule that if someone had an accident with their cars they would call an engineer in and if the car was proven safe they had no case against them, well we followed that rule and the engineer deslared our product 100 percent safe, he should not have gone on the product plus he was under the influence of alchohol the renters insurance handled this case and said he had no case
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

.

Can you tell me what state this is in?

.

When did the incident occur?

.

Did you ever notify any insurer that you may have had at the time?

.

Was the business incorporated, like an LLC or Sub S corporation?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
we are in Ont, Can it occured in Aug first 2015
the clients Insurance was notified
No our business is not incorporated, however we are a registered business
we have never had an accident in over 15 years because its only for children and this man took it upon himself to decide to show off doing flips

Ok, I have to opt out as this showed up in the US category so it needs to be moved to Canada.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I dont want any more charges I was told my first 30 min were free
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
why am I referred to another lawyer
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok