INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
11313492

I got a letter from irs to pay taxes on my ira traditional

Customer Question

I got a letter from irs to pay taxes on my ira traditional to roth rollover due to I belive the ***** ***** error stating it was all income, it was not deducted from my taxes as I am over the limit to ddeduct it. I think I should not pay twice the money only sat a week then moved.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: missouri
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I a waiting for an appointment with ***** ***** hopefully to change their reporting
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's all
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 2 months ago.
Did you attempt to ask the financial entity to cover any tax due to error?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have an appointment to ask why ***** ***** reported this to the irs in that way but I am stressed as I am approaching a deadline to mail they my response to the irs.
Ask the irs to extend time. Often granted. Pressure ***** ***** to pay any liability and costs which they should do to avoid being sued or reported to the sec.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.If you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage.You stand to recover not only your actual losses (compensatory damages) but also interest, costs and legal fees. on occasion special damages (punitive damages) are also available.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Kindly rate me five stars.
If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars.