Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I have question about how it takes before an inmate gets

Customer Question

hi there i have question about how long it takes before an inmate gets released when a judge signed a order of releas
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I have taken a lawyer and he sent a motion to the judge and he said that it is already signed by the judge and it was singed thursday morning by the judge he said
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes how long it takes for the inmate to get out
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 2 months ago.

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok as long as I know that I can talk to a lawyer
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ill keep commnunicating with text And reply
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 2 months ago.

In my experience, it depends upon how long it takes the appropriate people in the facility to receive the release order, to check for other holds and then to process him out. Jails and prisons don't release people all day every day. They generally have a set time of day for the release of those let go by the judge or finished with their sentences.

So if the processing is finished after the time for the inmate release on Thursday, he should be released today. If he's not, then something is wrong. He's either got another hold of some kind and can't be let go or he's being wrongfully held. You would need a local criminal lawyer to look into why he's still being held and, if there's no reason, to file a writ of habeas corpus to get him brought before the judge to get him out.

If he is being wrongfully detained, he would have a civil suit against the department of Corrections that he could look into once he's out.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
He also had a courtdate on monday would he be seeing the judge or is that the release order the judge singed for him to het out so he does not have to see the lawyer anymore
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 2 months ago.

If the judge ordered his release on Thursday, it would be expected for him to be released rather than held until his next court date. However, even if he is out, if his case is not over, he would still be expected to turn up for court on his scheduled court date or a warrant would issue for his arrest.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
just to be sure the facility where he is being held they alreadyhave the order from the jugde is just that it depends on them and the hours how work right if i understand what you meant
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 2 months ago.

Sorry for the delay. I had to leave the computer.

If he was scheduled to be released yesterday, he should have been released if possible yesterday. Sometimes by the time the inmate gets transported back from court at the end of the day, it's too late for him to be released until the following day, depending on the time that the prison has established for the release of its prisoners.

If he's not released at some point today, try to get a lawye on it.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 2 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.