Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

A year ago I speed 6 miles over the speed limit in a school

Customer Question
Hi a year ago I...
Hi a year ago I speed 6 miles over the speed limit in a school zone while i was in highschool as a senior. I asked for plea and abeyance. Giving me a year to make sure i dont commit any moving traffic violations. Recently i got in a crash that was my fault where ended up following too closely and rear ending someones car. How will i be affected in court what would my charges be?
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: Utah. Davis county. My car was a 2004 their was a 2013
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: This crash was a on freeway I15 i dont know if that changes it too much
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
7/28/2017
Lawyer: Bill Fix, Attorney replied 3 months ago
Bill Fix
Bill Fix, Attorney

Did you get a ticket for following too closely in the recent accident?

What were the dates of the speeding ticket and recent accident? If a year has transpired, it sounds like you should be ok.

At worst, you may get some points on your drivers license (which could increase your car insurance premium) and have some fines to pay. Based on your description, I don't think you're looking at any jail time, license suspension, or anything serious.

If I satisfactorily answered your question, please give me a positive rating. If not, let me know what other questions you might have.

Bill Fix
Bill Fix
Bill Fix, Attorney