Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I need a question answered about a COJ. Florida

Customer Question
I need a question answered...
I need a question answered about a COJ
JA: What province are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
I currently have a confession of judgment filed against me . I know they are able to freeze my current bank account that is on file with them. However, if I open a new bank account with a different bank can they still freeze that bank account to or not?
Answered in 5 days by:
8/1/2017
Lawyer: Attorney2, Attorney replied 3 months ago
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

Yes, you can open new bank accounts. If they are joint accounts they are harder for a creditor to access.

https://www.sapling.com/7294599/can-account-judgment-against-me

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it.

You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out. Thank you for your consideration.

Thank you for using JA! We appreciate your business.

Do you have any additional questions for me? Please let me know. Thank you.

Attorney2
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney