How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27716
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I already asked what constitutes stalking in the state of

Customer Question

I already asked what constitutes stalking in the state of California. Do I have to type all the related info again??
JA: Because criminal law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I just told you that the state is California
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I told you that I filed a police report but the threats that I received were not written down in the report
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I and my 9 year old grandson were threatened with the offending party stating that he will turn his killer doberman loose to kill us and claim it was an accident I did that already! am I talking to a machine?
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 2 months ago.


I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 2 months ago.

Did you tell the police that you wish to prosecute? Have they said that they will be turning over the file to the DA's Office?

Once they do this and the case is turned over to the DA, you can give them the specifics of the threats made against you and they will factor it into the case. Or, if the police did not seem interested in what you had to report, you can go over their heads directly to the prosecutor's office and report the crime there directly to a DA.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 2 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.