How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a lawyer in my area. I was arrested a few weeks ago,

Customer Question

I need a lawyer in my area. I was arrested a few weeks ago, in my apartment, for disturbing the peace. After much provocation from my neighbor, I slammed my door before and after police came.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: ave a misdemeanor on my record, that I wish to remove.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Like I said, I ws arrested, and stayin a night in jail. They would not have kept me, but it was night time, and I did not have a ride home.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only the details of the entire day, which lead up my actions, which were not appropriate.
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. We are not permitted to recommend specific lawyers or firms (per terms of service) but I can give you some resources to help you find a lawyer, if you tell me what state this is in?

I can also give you an idea of what the potential penalties are for this, if you'd like?

I will tell you that every state is different regarding the sealing/expungment of records. As a general rule, however, you cannot remove a court record until resolution of the case and unless there is a favorable outcome to you (e.g., dismissal of the case). Again, as state laws vary, if you tell me what state this is in, I can give you a better idea of what the laws are.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I live in Virginia, not Florida
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 2 months ago.

That's fine, I can still answer your question for you, if you'd like. What specifically did you want to know?