I am going to court on Aug 29 2017 over some gifts that my…

Customer Question
Hello! I am going...

Hello! I am going to court on Aug 29 2017 over some gifts that my exboyfriend gave me over a period of 3 year do you think I have to return them

Lawyer's Assistant: Is this a criminal or civil case?

Either small claims I live in georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes he file first in drop the charge and then pick it back up

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have a attorney and he has one to

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
7/27/2017
Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Attorney replied 10 months ago
Marsha411JD, Attorney

Thank you for your post, however, I am unclear what court you will be going to and why specifically. Can you explain? Is your boyfriend suing you in small claims court for the monetary value and if so, how much are these things worth? Or, are you being charged criminally by the State for some sort of theft? Was there ever a written agreement that you would pay him back?

can I ask for a phone call from you?

I don't provide that service because it violates by Bar Ethics Rules, I will opt out of the question though and someone else who does provide the service will let you know when they are ready to assist you.

Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 10 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Good morning. You can request a call if you desire and an expert can accept it.

10,254.66 no criminally , theft , he bought them we broke up he never live with me

So he claimed that you stole these items?

no I did not steal anything he bought me those things which is 2 computers, bedroom set clothes shoes gave me money also there was any type of a agreement also he is a lt police he think he can do whatever

So what did he allege, that resulted in these criminal charges?

This is so confusing I don't steal and those things was gifts. Thanks

So what are you being charged with? You shared that you have to appear, so on the notice to appear, what are the charges? You said this is criminal, so there needs to be a basis for the charge