How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 42888
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

To revoke her husband's power of attorney for her, my

Customer Question

To revoke her husband's power of attorney for her, my daughter prepared a power of attorney form revoking all previous power of attorneys for her husband. She had it notarized. To prevent her husband from selling jointly owned property, and using a previous power of attorney to sign her name on the sales document/title, does the revocation of POA need to be filed at the County Court House which holds the property titles, and does the revocation of POA need to be publicized, such as in the legal ads of the local newspaper?
JA: What property use does the easement allow?
Customer: The property proposed to be sold is farm land.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Regarding what?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just would like to know what needs to be done with the revocation of POA document, to legally prevent her husband from using a previous POA to sell jointly owned property, signing her name on the sales document and title, without her actual signature or consent, Does the Revocation of POA need to be filed with the county courthouse to prevent sale? and does it need to be published in the Legal section of the local newspaper
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

Yes record the POA revocation in the county deed records here.

Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.


Reference is made to certain power of attorney granted by __________________________________ (Grantor) to __________________________________ (Attorney-in-Fact), and dated _________________, 20______.

This document acknowledges and constitutes notice that the Grantor hereby revokes, rescinds and terminates said power-of-attorney and all authority, rights and power thereto effective this date.

Signed under seal this ____ day of_______________________________, 20______.

[Signature of Grantor]

[Printed or Typed Name of Grantor]

State of ____________________
County of ___________________

On __________________ before me, _________________________________ (here insert name and title of the officer), personally appeared _______________________________________, who proved to me on the basis of satisfactory evidence to be the person(s) whose name(s) is/are subscribed to the within instrument and acknowledged to me that he/she/they executed the same in his/her/their authorized capacity(ies), and that by his/her/their signature(s) on the instrument the person(s), or the entity upon behalf of which the person(s) acted, executed the instrument.

I certify under PENALTY OF PERJURY under the laws of the State of ____________________ that the foregoing paragraph is true and correct.

WITNESS my hand and official seal.

_______________________________ (Seal)

This is the legal document you can use to revoke and record it in the county deed records.

Thanks again I appreciate the chance to help you today.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

I would record the revocation and then the new POA a day or two later here in the county deed records.