Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

I need to know from the time I get served, how much time is

Customer Question

I need to know from the time I get served, how much time is legal, to the court date. I know they did probate hearing. I got call from lawyer, saying I will be served immediately. Over my inheritance, and is trying to prosecute. Trying to see what time frame I have, to work with.
JA: What are the assets in question? Have any documents been drafted?
Customer: None I am aware of. I am just getting greeting calls and texts.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I have no knowledge of any of that. I got first wind of this Sunday. Still not served. All I know is they did probate, and got some kind of case. I have done nothing illegal. I inherited a house, sold it. And all but $12,000 has been spent on a used car. They feel I they are entitled to this $ not me.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just need to know my legal time frame. So can seek lawyer, etc.
Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

Is someone trying to sue you here, what claim are they making what state are you in here?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry so slow to respond, my granddaughter broke her arm. My family is upset over my inheritance, a house. They are claiming my quit claim deed was fraud. Me, notary, and 3rd party witness there, recorder properly, done nothing wrong. They are claiming they went to probate court. Have not been served, and I am in az. Wondering on my time frame. From being served, to court. Legal time? 7,10 days???
Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

You would have at least 30 days from time you are served with a suit and that can be extended.They may be bluffing doesn't sound like they have the facts to back this up.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That is for sure. Every time I get a threatening text, the $ amount chgs on house. It was a direct deposit from title co. They want a copy of ck. Sent copy of wire, said amounts don't match again. But they have ALL the paperwork in order. Lol. I can't thank you enough for the info.
Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

You are so welcome.I wish you the best here.