Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18 Years bankruptcy experience. Member of the American Bankruptcy Institute.
15345323

Pearl,. Have quick question about a debt judgment against

Customer Question

Pearl, David. Have quick question about a debt judgment against someone in SC ten years ago and want to know if it is beyond the statute of limitations.
JA: What are the charges? What's the current status of the case?
Customer: Client owed me fee for design services. Did not show up for court. Judge ruled in my favor. So the debt is still uncollected.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Court case was in Camden SC. I did not pursue the matter.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Before you do that are there charges involved?
Expert:  Terry L. replied 2 months ago.

Hi and thank you for your question. Judgments last for 10 years in South Carolina, and cannot be renewed. (S.C. Code § 15-3-600)

If judgment lien was recorded, it will last for 10 years, and this can be renewed.

Expert:  Terry L. replied 2 months ago.

did you have any further questions?

Expert:  Terry L. replied 2 months ago.

Question shows as open, are you satisfied? If so, click accept andrateanswer. Thanks