Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Do I have a unique number for Pre-Check? Or is it my

Customer Question

Do I have a unique number for Pre-Check? Or is it my passport number?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Idaho.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I don't understand the question. I have filed for and been approved for the program.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. I want to let an airline know I am pre-approved before a flight in September and cannot find if I have a unique identifier for the program.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
No, your trusted traveler number (KTN) is unique and different from your passport number. They should have mailed you a letter with that number on it, your approval letter. You can look up your number online at https://universalenroll.dhs.gov/workflows?workflow=service-status&servicecode=11115V (Copy and paste link to your browser, do not click on it).
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.