Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
97407003

I have a question, I have a contract with Unifirst and we

Customer Question

Hello
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I have a question, I have a contract with Unifirst and we are not happy at all we try several times to cancel it and every time they say we have to remain the time of the contract they use bad tactic and make us to assing a new contract (like renewing) they sevices for more 3 years
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Virginia
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no. I just need to know how get out of this insane contrct
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 2 months ago.

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, and is admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here to see my ratings information) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Trying to get out of contracts that are bad is often very difficult. However, you could argue that the terms of the contract are unconscionable. an unconscionable contract simply means that the terms of the contract are skewed so heavily in favor of one party that it is not a fair bargain between both parties. Additionally, under the Uniform Commercial Code Section 2-209, parties are allowed to modify an agreement and there needs to be no additional consideration for this modification to be binding. The only exception is that if the parties agreed that modifications need to be in writing, the modification must be in writing. So, you can ask them to Simply modify the agreement so that way you are not having to renew their services for 3 more years if they don't agree with the unconscionable part.

Follow up questions are free, so please feel free to ask away. You can also click here in the future to request me individually. If you don’t have any additional questions, were you satisfied with my service today?