Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I just started a new job and I don't quite understand what

Customer Question

Hi! I just started a new job and I don't quite understand what it says on the contract
JA: Was this discussed with a manager, HR, or an attorney?
Customer: It says contractor shall carry malpractice and general liability coverage in the amount no less than 1,000,000. the contractor shall name the company as additionally insured on its policy and provide a copy to company before commencement.
JA: Is the employment "at will," union, full time, or part time?
Customer: at will i believe. its a job exchange program. pretty much i am a volunteer. i am working in exchange for a membership to work out.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Also in the contract that i did not sign yet, it says that i have to leave a 14 day written notice. However, I did not sign the contract yet so does that mean i still need to write a 14 day notice or not? thanks
Expert:  Legal Expert Justin replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I'll be the Expert assisting you today. Can you please give more details on the nature of your job? You are volunteering somewhere without pay? Your only benefit is a gym membership, correct?