Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have a question concerning an incident with a golf cart.

Customer Question

I have a question concerning an incident with a golf cart. While in Put In Bay, Ohio, a woman backed into the front of my parked motorcycle and damaged the front fender. There was a police report made but she was never cited. Her insurance company says she may not have auto coverage to take care of the accident. Will her home owners insurance cover this if not?
JA: How old is the motorcycle? When was it purchased?
Customer: It is a 2015 Harley Davidson. It was purchased in Feb of this year.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: There is a police report as well as she has contacted her insurance company and filed a claim but they are telling me that she may not have coverage that extended to the golf cart. I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to get her to pay for the damages she created?
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: Ok
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you
Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. No, her home owner's insurance will not cover it because it is unlikely that it covers anything not related to her home.

Did she damage the bike with the golf cart, you mean?