Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

IN INDIANA OUR TRUSTY IS NOT PROVIDING FIRE PROTECTION. THE

Customer Question

IN INDIANA OUR TRUSTY IS NOT PROVIDING FIRE PROTECTION. THE LAW AS I UNDERSTAND IT SAYS HE MUST . WHAT CAN BE DONE TO SOVE THIS?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: OUR PROSICUTER WONT GET INVOLVED
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: AS OF 6/30/17 WE HAVE NO CONTRACT OR FUNDING TO OUR LOCAL AND VERY EFFICANT FIRE DEPARTMENT & EMS
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
As there is a legal duty to provide fire protection, if the town/city is not providing that protection and is not negotiating a new contract, then you would need to file a complaint first to the State Attorney General's Office, since they are responsible to make sure they comply with the state laws and if they cannot resolve the matter, you as a resident would need a local attorney to file suit against the trustee/town for violation of state law and a court order to force them to comply with the law as well as for any damages you suffered from their non-compliance.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.