Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My nephew Chuck Slaven has been in prison for 23 1/2 yrs.

Customer Question

My nephew Chuck Slaven has been in prison for 23 1/2 yrs. for a murder and robbery he did when he was 18 yrs. old and addicted to drugs. He was sentenced to 25 yrs. without the possibility of Parole. He goes up for Parole in Nov. 2018. In the past 10 yrs. he has lost all his Paternal Aunts and Uncles and Oct. of 2016 he lost his dad. His Mother has recently been diagnosed with Dementia and has to have 24 hr. care. He has a brother who lives in California with his family and has just retired from the Marines. His Maternal family has never had anything to do with my nephew and doesn't come to help out his Mother at all. I am his only Aunt on his Father's side of the family and I am 68 yrs old and my health isn't all that good but I have been taking care of chuck's Mother Patty since April of this year. I am not able to be there all the time. I have a husband and home and it's been really hard for me to take care of my home and Patty too. My question is Tina, is there anyway to get Shock Probation for my nephew due to his Mother's sickness and her need to have him home to care for her.
JA: What was the underlying criminal offense?
Customer: Robbed and killed a service station attendant while under the influence of drug addiction.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not yet, just trying to find out the procedure of applying for Shock Probation. Praying it will be more accessible since he only has 14 mo. to serve and by that time his mother will have full blown Alzheimers.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He really needs to be home to care for his mother and to still have someone, me and his mother to help him get established and grounded while we are both still living and I am still healthy enough to help him make a new start.
Expert:  Michael Bradley replied 2 months ago.

what state was the conviction?