Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Attorney
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience
12176198

I am filling out an application for employment and I was

Customer Question

Hello, I am filling out an application for employment and I was wondering if "pre-trial diversion" and "deferred prosecution program" the same as "Pre-trial intervention"? I did pre-trial intervention and I am not sure how to answer the question.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: This was 7-8 years ago and I went through a pre-trial intervention program
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, just want to know if those are the same thing
Expert:  Hammer O'Justice replied 2 months ago.

Hello.

Yes, pre-trial diversion, deferred prosecution, and pre-trial intervention are essentially all the same thing. It means that the person who had it was given the ability to complete a program and/or probation in order to prevent a conviction from going on their record. Different counties and states call it different things, but they are all essentially the same thing.