How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm wondering if you deal with cases outside of the country?

Customer Question

Hi there, I'm wondering if you deal with cases outside of the country?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live in New York.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My daughter is now living in the Bahamas where I am not legally allowed to travel to and I want to know if I can seek representation on my behalf to fight her mother in court there.
JA: Is this a criminal or civil case?
Customer: The reason for me not being able to travel there?
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Van replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I would love to assist you with this issue but I need more information in order to help you. Is there a standing custody order? Why are you not allowed to visit the Bahamas, are you currently on some type of travel restrictions such as probation or parole?