Legal Expert Justin
Legal Expert Justin, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney
99580155

MY LAST QUESTION IS THIS. IF SOMEONE INTIONALLY DECIEVES

Customer Question

MY LAST QUESTION IS THIS. IF SOMEONE INTIONALLY DECIEVES SOMEONE IN CONTRACT WHAT IS THE LIKELY INCOME. LIKE THE HEADING DOESN'T AGREE WITH THE INFORMATION LISTED WITHIN OR SOMETHING. LIKE SOMEONE MAKES SOMEONE A 6 MILLION ANIMAL DEAL FOR HEADS OF CATTLE AND THEN IT'S A VARIETY AND ONLY 3.5 MILLION ARE LISTED TOTAL BELOW. LIKE 1 MILLION SWINE, 1 MILLION BEEF AND .2 MILLION SLAMNON ECT. WHAT'S THE LIKELY OUTCOME, IF THE PERSON WHO WAS DEFRAUDED SUED? WOULD THEY GET EVERYTHING IN THE ORIGIONAL AGREEMENT OR BE PUNISHED FOR NOT OVERLOOKING THE RUTHLENESS OF THE OTHER PERSON?
Expert:  Legal Expert Justin replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I'll be the Expert assisting you today. Generally, any acts of fraud will be enough to unwind the contract. In addition, it sounds like there may be a breach of contract claim here as well. If the contract stated X amount of goods was to be delivered and the actual goods were less, that would be a breach of contract.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
EXCELLENT, I GUESS THE MAIN THING WAS THE CONTRACT HAD AN ERROR IN IT AND LISTED TWO DIFFERENT AMOUNTS OF CATTLE ONE A LARGE AMOUNT IN HEADING AND CHECKING THROUGH IT PROMISED LESS BELOW IT HAD AN ERROR, CONFLICTED, THEN SAY LESS CATTLE WERE DELIVERED LIKE ONLY THE 3.5 INDIVIDUALLY LISTED? INSTEAD OF 6 MILLION LISTED IN THE CONTRACTS HEADING? SO IT'S A POOR CONTRACT. WHAT DOES UNWIND THE CONTRACT MEAN?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I GOOGLED IT I DONT' HAVE A PHONE ON ME NOW, IT GOT WRECKED.

Unwinding a contract means putting both parties in the position they were in before the contract was entered into. So, you would receive a refund and the seller of the goods would get the items back. Who drafted the contract? Generally, errors in formation are construed against the drafter.

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, your 3, 4, or 5 star rating at this time is most welcome. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to assist you.