How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118723
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need lawyer for medical malpractice, North Carolina and

Customer Question

I need lawyer for medical malpractice
JA: Can you tell me what state this is in? And do you have copies of the medical records?
Customer: North Carolina and yes I have a cd with medical records on it
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I had an attorney for 1yr he couldn't find any doctors that would sign
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I had a hernia repaired in which the doctor nicked my bowel and sent me home and I hadn't come out of anesthesia yet telling my family she'll come around in a couple if days which I didn't but woke up from a coma 3mos later
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am afraid that really what you need is a doctor, since without a doctor attesting to the fact that your doctor was negligent, any case you try to file would be dismissed. See: N.C. Gen. Stat. § 1A-1, Rules of Civ. Pro., Rule 9(j). So it is not really an attorney you need, you need to find a doctor willing to sign off attesting to the negligence and once you have found that, you will be able to get a local medical malpractice attorney.
As far as getting a local attorney you can get one in one of the larger cities near you at But before you go looking for more local attorneys, you need to get a doctor to agree with you first.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.