Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

How much does this service cost. I need instant legal

Customer Question

Hello
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: How much does this service cost. I need instant legal advice
JA: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Lawyer's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require). What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I had a dental bonding done to my tooth. The tooth chipped and when I visited my dentist he said that it was possible that I grinded my teeth and he said that if it chipped again it meant that I need a nightguard. Lo and behold it chipped again. I went to my dentist who fixed the tooth again and ordered a nigthguard. When I am leaving the office the receptionist told me that the dentist didn't charge me for the repair but that the nightguard would cost $670. I paid.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: As I am leaving I realize that I really cannot afford it so I called to cancel the nightguard. The receptionist tells me that if I am canceling the nightguard that I have to pay $550 for the repair instead.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The receptionist told me that the doctor had suggested a nightguard the previous appointment but that I had declined. This is not so, he only mentioned that if it chipped again that I would need a nightguard.
Expert:  Expert James replied 2 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience.

During this conversation, you may receive an automatic phone call offer. I do not send that offer, the system does. Feel free to accept it if you would like to talk on the phone. Otherwise, we can continue here.

Please give me some time to consider your question.

So what is your question?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Am I supposed to pay the $550 even though he did not tell me I for sure needed a nightguard the first time the tooth chipped.

So you are asking if you are responsible for the cost of the bonding because the dentist said you declined the night guard when that did not happen? What do those two things have to do with one another?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
If he had actually told me I needed a nightguard the first time the tooth chipped then it would not have needed a repair today.