Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney
94475420

I am starting a blog called Millennial Fortune. I was

I am starting a blog called Millennial Fortune. I was wondering if that is fine in light of the fact that Fortune Magazine exists. Thank you.

This is attorney Bill offering assistance pertaining to your particular legal concerns today.

So long as you aren't usurping another's protected works in your blog you won't be in breach of copyright infringement under the US code.

17 USC S102

"

a)Copyright protection subsists, in accordance with this title, in original works of authorship fixed in any tangible medium of expression, now known or later developed, from which they can be perceived, reproduced, or otherwise communicated, either directly or with the aid of a machine or device. Works of authorship include the following categories:(1)

literary works;

(2)

musical works, including any accompanying words;

(3)

dramatic works, including any accompanying music;

(4)

pantomimes and choreographic works;

(5)

pictorial, graphic, and sculptural works;

(6)

motion pictures and other audiovisual works;

(7)

sound recordings; and

(8)

architectural works.

(b)

In no case does copyright protection for an original work of authorship extend to any idea, procedure, process, system, method of operation, concept, principle, or discovery, regardless of the form in which it is described, explained, illustrated, or embodied in such work."

In relation to the name you wish to use for your blog you will need to run a trademark search through TESS.

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=tess&state=4808:61kv9d.1.1

If there is no likelihood of confusion between your blog name and fortune magazine and the name of your blog isn't already registered then you are free to use it.

Please follow up with me if you need more assistance.

We are here to help.

In return remember to rate positively

You do this by clicking: 5*, 4 * or better

This is how I get a credit for my time and response.

SO I hope you rate five stars today

Thanks

Attorney Bill