How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27736
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I hope u can help me. I need the cplr of a spicific offense.

Customer Question

Hi. I hope u can help me. I need the cplr of a spicific offense. Let me know when rue ready to hear the spicifics
JA: Have formal charges been brought? If so, is there an upcoming court date?
Customer: No, sorry. Let me explain
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: If someone pressed charges against me for trespassing on a property that does not belong to him. What offense has he transgressed?
JA: In what state did this occur?
Customer: Ny
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's all for now. I'm putting in a claim in court and I need the cplr for this offense
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 2 months ago.


I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 2 months ago.

Anybody can report a crime. It doesn't have to be the victim. So if someone saw you trespassing on someone else's property, he could call the police. It's still trespass.

If it turned out you had permission from the owner of the property to be there, then you could not be convicted of the crime.

Article 140 of the NYPL contains all of the tresspass crimes.