Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I hope u can help me. I need the cplr of a spicific offense.

Customer Question

Hi. I hope u can help me. I need the cplr of a spicific offense. Let me know when rue ready to hear the spicifics
JA: Have formal charges been brought? If so, is there an upcoming court date?
Customer: No, sorry. Let me explain
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: If someone pressed charges against me for trespassing on a property that does not belong to him. What offense has he transgressed?
JA: In what state did this occur?
Customer: Ny
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's all for now. I'm putting in a claim in court and I need the cplr for this offense
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 2 months ago.

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 2 months ago.

Anybody can report a crime. It doesn't have to be the victim. So if someone saw you trespassing on someone else's property, he could call the police. It's still trespass.

If it turned out you had permission from the owner of the property to be there, then you could not be convicted of the crime.

Article 140 of the NYPL contains all of the tresspass crimes.